Thousands of artists and copyright holders have already freely granted the PCF permission to reproduce their paintings in the PCF’s series of catalogues and online.
Listed below are some of the benefits to artists and copyright holders who grant us copyright consent.
- The artist's work will be reproduced in our series of catalogues entitled Oil Paintings in Public Ownership
- The artist's work will also be reproduced online at www.bbc.co.uk/yourpaintings
- Every artist will have his or her own page on the Your Paintings website. This page in due course will give access to all paintings in oil, acrylic or tempera by the artist held in publicly owned UK collections
- There will be a link from this page to the artist's own non-commercial website, if available
- The Your Paintings website and the artist's own page in particular will significantly increase access to the artist's work and raise his or her profile
- Artists and copyright holders can buy any of our hardback catalogues for £20 instead of the usual £35. They are also invited to receive our online newsletter which keeps them up to date with our project and reveals the background to some of the paintings and collections we’re cataloguing.